Acoustical Outlet Backer Pad (Fire Rated)
WALL OPENING PROTECTIVE
FIRE RESISTANCE CLASSIFICATION
SEE UL FIRE RESISTANCE DIRECTORY
Kinetics IsoBacker is specifically designed to maintain high acoustical ratings in fire rated walls. It is easy to apply and will stay resilient (will not harden). IsoBacker is UL classified for both metallic and non-metallic outlet boxes to prevent the spread of smoke, fire and toxic gases. The putty pads are sized to cover standard size outlet boxes and are designed to work with Kinetics IsoMax sound clips and other sound rated wall assemblies.
Unsealed outlet boxes are known sound leaks in stud wall assemblies. A wall designed for noise control will not perform to expectations when outlets are unsealed, particularly when outlets are back-to-back in the same stud cavity. Kinetics IsoBacker outlet pads can be hand formed around the back of the outlet box to prevent this common sound leakage problem in stud walls.
- Underwriters Laboratories classified
- Maintains acoustical ratings per ASTM C 919 and ASTM E 497
- Testing to UL 263 (ASTM E119) and UL 1479 (ASTM E814)
- Outstanding adhesion to outlet boxes and other substrates
- Non-Hardening, permanently resilient
- Complies with Section 712.3.2 of 2006 IBC
- UL listed for metallic and non-metallic outlet boxes
- Thickness: 1/8" (3.5mm)
- Size: 7.25" by 7.25
- Package: 20 pads per box